• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cabela's flintlock 50

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience they'd like to share with this model. I understand that they are an Investarms muzzleload and this one in particular closely resembles the Hawken style bp gun.
There is one for sale in the classifieds up here on a Canadian forum. He/she is asking $425 obo.
Thx in advance.

Personally I would not pay that much for one but my opinion is based on what they go for in my area. Does it have a 1:48 or 1:60 rate of twist? If you do decide to purchase it then I suggest that you put in a stainless steel touch hole liner like the one RMC sells. Makes ignition more reliable and if the seller already has one installed then it's a plus.

I don't know what it would cost in Canada, but I did one of those from a kit from DGW, now the price is just $10 more than the one your looking at buying...
http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_162_193&products_id=3492

I built this rifle when I first started in this hobby a couple of years ago, now for some reason these rifles in flintlock don't look right to me. A flintlock should be a long rifle... :haha:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a matched set in 45 caliber. one flint one percussion and like the quality for the money. But I think $425 is a high price for one.It just depends on condition and how much you are willing to pay. It is your money not mine!! :idunno:

Jamie from Alberta said:
this one in particular closely resembles the Hawken style bp gun.

Was it reworked, as the "normal" look of these doesn't resemble a Hawken except in name. Looks aside, people that have them say they shoot pretty well. $425 for a used one does seem high, though. I'd buy a new GPR for $500 (less for a kit) before I bought a used Cabela's "Hawken" for $425.

BTW...looks like Pedersoli is now making the "Cabela's" Hawken. Online the old "Cabela's Hawken" is no longer listed and the new "Pedersoli Hawken" that looks just like the old Cabela's version is offered at $499 new.

I sold a nearly new, percussion model Investarms last year for $250. They are great shooters, and the young buyer has won several matches and awards with it. I do think $425 is a bit steep. Make a cash offer and see what happens.

Back