• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love my Lyman GPR .54 and have hunted with it almost exclusively since taking the blackpowder plunge. However, I've been drooling over the Pedersoli Rocky Mountain Hawken ever since my first trip to Dixie Gun Works probably 6yrs ago. I handle them every time I go but never could pull the trigger on it. I almost brought one home last week. The stock had been repaired at the toe and it was marked down to $925 but was otherwise pristine. Decided on an unmentionable cartridge revolver instead. This week I find that the same rifle is on sale at Cabela's for $300 under list at $999. Which is only a hundred bucks less than DGW's regular price but Tennessee sales tax makes it a wash. The big kicker is the $210 in points I've accumulated on my Club Visa card. So I cashed in my points and ordered one. It should ship within a week or so. I reckon that custom flintlock will have to wait another year. :doh:

Well, I don't understand it beyond saying "The heart wants what the heart wants." :doh:

Obviously a case of "gun lust" and you have taken the steps to cure it... :thumbsup:
They are nice looking rifles and I too have gazed fondly upon them. :wink:

"I Had To Do It" Of course you did! It is what we do! They are very fine rifles and some have great wood as well. It sounds as though it worked out to be a very good deal. You know it might shoot much better than your GPR but there is something to be said for a fine looking rifle and pride of ownership! Geo. T.

I bought a PEDERSOLI rocky mountain hawken with the maple stock in 50 cal 2 years ago. BEAUTIFUL RIFLE took a blacktail buck the last 2 years also gets alot of looks at rondezvous.

Craig, you won't regret it. I've had one for 5 or 6 years....54 caliber. They are a great shooting gun and some darned purty wood in maple.

It's sure done the job for me. Here's a few examples:

Here's wishing you many years of good shooting and hunting with yours! :thumbsup:

Think about it this way.

You're not really "giving up" the money.
It's not gone.

It's just in another form. Like ice is water.

It, the gun, is a valuable commodity, which can be sold and change it's form back into green money.

It's the difference in green money that is the "cost".

The gun is a lot more pleasurable to hold than a wad of green money. And may provide food.

Anyway, that's how I trick myself.
Might work on most women too.

I have wondered about the Hawkens from Pedersoli for a while now. I have a trade gun that I need before a Haken, but I think it is #2 on the list to get. Not familiar with the Ped, so is it the best thing for the money?

Spikebuck that's two nice bucks you have there. One of them looks like he had been doing a little fuedin over a doe. I also killed a nice 10 pointer with my 54 rocky mt hawken four or five seasons back. Aint they pretty guns.

I've used that line a couple of times and the response was "well, we need groceries so get your gun and lets go to the store". Better to act like a hopeless case and appeal to her "fix a man side". It's worked fairly well for me the last 43 years. :thumbsup:

Surely, you will love this rifle. Balance and looks are just phenomenal. It has to be. For a few hundred more you can have a custom rifle built. So Pedersoli puts a lot of heart into those. Wish you the best wood there is. Don't forget to share pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aim small!

Michael

bamaboy said:
Spikebuck that's two nice bucks you have there. One of them looks like he had been doing a little fuedin over a doe.

That bigger 10 point had 18 punctures in his neck and shoulders. The taxidermist I use said he keeps track of "odd" things he sees and this buck had the most punctures he's ever seen. He had little chunks of hair off all over his neck and shoulders. Was definitely a scrapper. I'd been watching him for three years. He was aged at 5 1/2 and grossed 161 5/8". He only went 30 yards after the Hawken sent a .530 PRB through his lungs at 65 yards. :grin: That gun will do the trick!

Craig,

I too have lust in my heart for one of those beautiful rifles. Thought I had one last month when I spotted a Buy it Now auction for one at $675! But as I waited for the seller to respond with payment instructions, I instead recieved an opology email stating it had already sold and should have been deleted yada yada... So the search is still on for a good deal. Post pics and a range report when your Pedersoli arrives.

Well thanks Craig for reviving a want that I had buried quite sometime ago :doh: lol.
When I first read about the Pedersoli when it was introduced I fell in love with it. It's on the top of my want list but too high to reach for my wallet. It's good to see that you got a good deal on one, Congrats and enjoy. Those are some very nice pics Spikebuck thanks for sharing.

Back