• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

TC rear sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Is there any way to tighten the V notch on a TC rear sight?You can turn the screw and the sight will move either direction but it will wiggle enough that you cant get any accuracy out of it.It almost looks like you could bend the back of the sight towards the front of the barrel but that might bend the adjustment screw.Any help will be appreciated.

The last rear sight I tried to bend ended up in two pieces.

After that experience I can't recommend bending sights unless I know exactly what they are made from and how hard they are.

Very true and useful with most guns but not with competition guns where the range in some events is changed regularly.
We will often shoot 25,50 yards and sometimes 50 and 100 yards with five to ten shots at each distance. MD

Save your self the hassel and replace the sight with fixed.
This is common with factory guns.
Measure your rear sight height..find one that size and resight in.
If you have a rear sight dove tail great! more options..
There are screw on fixed sights avaiable.
None of my factory guns carry the original sight.
May want to consider a tang mounted peep..longer sight radius ..bouus!
Easy to make!..low cost.

The "loaner" rifle for mainly first or only one time elk hunters in our camp is a TC Hawken and it has killed quite a few elk. W/ the present load, it was zeroed in about 15 years ago and the rear sight has never been moved and prior to every elk hunt, a few shots are taken and the sights have never needed adjustment. It's the original, adjustable rear sight. Last year it killed a nice big cow elk.....Fred

Thanks for the help everyone.Since its no good the way it is mabey Ill try bending and if it breaks I will try a fixed sight or peep.Many years ago I had a peep sight that I liked.

Or another spring.
I guess I've had several T/C and a few still in the safe and never had any trouble with the sight being so loose it won't keep it accurate.

There is a gremlin who's job is to re-adjust a carefully adjusted sight, but he usually does his work between matches or after shooting.

Something's amiss if it needs "bending".

Latest posts

Back