• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Building The Flintlock Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Highpower.
Now I have another idea. I am going to build my rifle but it will be a while. Looks like I am moving first.

Great Post! Well written and very informative.
I'll be interested in the authors records of the amount of time things take him.
Seems to me his 60 hour estimate is a bit optimistic, but then I'm slow. ::

You folks who are considering building a pre carve would be wise to follow the link and print out everything there.

It won't replace some of the good books that are available, but it will provide one more bit of good data.
(note, there are several links in the post to different steps of the process. Don't overlook them. :) )

but then I'm slow.
Hey Zonie don't be so hard on yerself. The term slow isn't politically correct, we now use "speed challenged", "acceleration deprived", or "Government Employee". We don't want to upset the PC Police. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: Bill

Whan Ah says Slow, Ah meens S......L......O.....O.....W,but Ah ain't challenged, deprived, nor a guvernment imployyee.
Jus S........L.........O........O.......W!

Korse, Ah woodn't bee as S.......L......O......O...W iffen Ah warn't a-spendin al ma time har on this Foruum. ::

Ah's been wurkin on tha kasting fer ma pistols butt fer 'bout a weak now an I's only 'bout haf done wit it. (Kast it ma-self, Ah did. It are just takin a whill to get her polished ta my satusfaction.) ::

Zonie, you ain't slow. My last rifle was started in another century! I started it in the 20th century in 1997. I didn't get it finished until the 21st century in 2005! Don't talk about slow! My next rifle is hanging in the garage. I bought the barrel, lock, trigger and stock blank in, you guessed it, the last century. If I am lucky, I will finish it in this century! (So far, I have the breech plug installed on the barrel). Zonie, you don't know what slow is......... :crackup: :crackup: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Back