• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

More fun in 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEARL

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Had a good year in 2012. Bought several rifles. Sighted them in at 75 yds.
This year I am going to take each rifle and start reducing the shot group down even further. Load changes, patch thickness, etc.
So much to do, that chores may have to wait. :thumbsup:
Will post pics of my progress with each rifle.
Anyone else with the same goal for this year?

2013 may not be a good year, Vearl.

My goal is to stand my ground on 2nd Amendment rights. If it costs me my head, so be it.

I plan to finish a custom thats been two + years in the make and then find THE Load that will make it a litteral tack-driver!

Yep, same here, I'll have a .40 cal. with a 13/16 Dehaas barrel that will need to get run through it's paces for small game and deer next year. Might get a mold for Oldnavvet's conical that Roundball uses in his. I have around 30lbs of lead saved up for RB's and maybe the conicals. That is if my back wants to cooperate an quit hurtin' so bad. :( Right now I am NOT a happy camper. :td:

That is just what I started 4 Quarter of last year! Plenty more to do. It all started when I realised that My rifles were rough sighted in at beas! I started fine tuning them for match shooting! I have made progress but there is plenty more to do! I will do the revolvers as well! Man I am getting tired just thinking about all of the cleaning. Geo. T.

Hello guys,

I purchased my first front loader this month. I picked up a Lyman Deerstalker in .54 cal. I know it's not the most authentic rifle out there but I figured it would be great to learn on and hunt with. I plan to spend some time this year learning how to shoot it. Working up loads, finding what ball and patch size it likes etc etc.

sarcasmn said:
Hello guys,

I purchased my first front loader this month. I picked up a Lyman Deerstalker in .54 cal. I know it's not the most authentic rifle out there but I figured it would be great to learn on and hunt with. I plan to spend some time this year learning how to shoot it. Working up loads, finding what ball and patch size it likes etc etc.

You will have a ball with it!!

i have 3yrs old .45 kentucky rifle. 2 yrs old kentucky pistol. a year old .36 navy revolver.
i NEED a newborn!
a . 58 or .69 or .71 musket.
i need one badly... :(

Part of 2013 will be opposing all the anti-gun legislation. But on the ML and black powder side of things:

Finish sighting in the new TVM flintlock.

Learn to make more of my gear, such as shooting bags, powder horns, powder measures, etc.

Add to my supply of lead for casting and bulk BP.

I have an old unopened CVA Squirrel rifle kit in 32 caliber. Got it at a garage sale for 10 bucks. It's about time I put it together. I've heard they are accurate, handy little rifles. Be cheaper to shoot than my 50 calibers.

Jeff

Back