• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Making a round base powder horn without a lathe!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a woodin horn form at an antique store yesterday,i think it went to a vintage juicer,has a handle like yours and goes to more of a point,but i can cut it back.I see them all the time and now i know what to do with them.:)

How do you start out on your scrim Rick,i'm goonna at least try,it won't be very good but i can say i made it. :)

Chief: I think what you have may be the pestle used in Wear Ever's old food processor. It was an aluminum cone with holes on a wire stand. If processing something like tomatoes, the wood pestle would push the liquid through the holes on the side of the cone.

The taper of that wood pestle would be too severe to be used for horn rounding.

BucksCo said:
Chief: I think what you have may be the pestle used in Wear Ever's old food processor. It was an aluminum cone with holes on a wire stand. If processing something like tomatoes, the wood pestle would push the liquid through the holes on the side of the cone.

The taper of that wood pestle would be too severe to be used for horn rounding.

That's exactly what mine are, but I cut the point off and saved them for small projects.__ They have worked just fine for years now with no problems! I know several horners who use them regularly and like them!

Rick

Thank you for this. I don't know if the wife will go for boiling horn in her kitchen though :cursing:

Thanks for this Rick, very interesting to know what it takes to create a horn. I brought the horn you made me in to work to show the guys who have interest and decided to hang it over my desk as the art it surely is until time to take it huntin. Can't wait for the scrimming tutorial!!

creek

Latest posts

Back