• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

T/C Barrel Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifleman no big deal my friend. I agree with the society comments for the most part myself. Keep your powder dry.

You haven't called yet?
For goodness sakes don't feel guilty.
You bought a rifle 30 years ago that has a lifetime warrenty with good money.

It's wore out and your still alive, have TC replace it.

I bought a Renegade second hand, the nipple threads in the breech where buggered,, I sent them the barrel on my dime and they re-breeched it and sent it back, :idunno:

If it's got the flat target sights on the rear my friend keep them. Good luck T/C is good people. Just keep those rear sights if they are flat targets, there worth a $100 bucks.

catman said:
If it's got the flat target sights on the rear my friend keep them. Good luck T/C is good people. Just keep those rear sights if they are flat targets, there worth a $100 bucks.

Your post is interesting, but can you send a picture of what the style of sights you are talking about??

necchi said:
You haven't called yet?
For goodness sakes don't feel guilty.
You bought a rifle 30 years ago that has a lifetime warrenty with good money.

It's wore out and your still alive, have TC replace it.

I bought a Renegade second hand, the nipple threads in the breech where buggered,, I sent them the barrel on my dime and they re-breeched it and sent it back, :idunno:

Rights right and fair is fair but remember its "all business" too... You paid for two guns when you bought that TC (they were one of the most expensive production guns available).. that is how they can afford a lifetime warranty. And Im OK with that.

Not trying to talk you out of anything but I will point out two things that may have bearing on your issue. From the TC manual:

With respect to such
firearm, this warranty supersedes any and all other warranties.

It is debated if this is right or wrong but never-the-less this is TC's policy as of 01/24/2013.

Use of defective or improper ammunition and/or propellant, corrosion,
neglect, abuse, ordinary wear and tear, or unreasonable use.

Not saying, just saying be informed before hand.
Good luck.

ebiggs said:
Not trying to talk you out of anything but I will point out two things that may have bearing on your issue. From the TC manual:

With respect to such
firearm, this warranty supersedes any and all other warranties.

It is debated if this is right or wrong but never-the-less this is TC's policy as of 01/24/2013.

Use of defective or improper ammunition and/or propellant, corrosion,
neglect, abuse, ordinary wear and tear, or unreasonable use.

Not saying, just saying be informed before hand.
Good luck.

Too bad the bloodsuckers at S + W took over TC. Another fine American company gone to greed,

Interesting well I will know in a few weeks and get home and attempt to work the issue. Worse case I will have a 58 cal rifle as I will just have it rebored. BIGGER GUN :grin:

I would have the old barrel bored out to a smoothie and then buy a G/M drop in if avail.

Latest posts

Back