• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Starting a New Hobby at 90

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biliff

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Had an older gentleman show up at our monthly shoot.

He wanted to get into muzzleloading and had put together a flintlock kit (From Cabin Creek I think). He wanted to ask about supplies, etc.. and intended to start shooting with us in January.

The guy is 90. Hope I'm still trying new things at that age.

Bakeoven Bill said:
Had an older gentleman show up at our monthly shoot.

He wanted to get into muzzleloading and had put together a flintlock kit (From Cabin Creek I think). He wanted to ask about supplies, etc.. and intended to start shooting with us in January.

The guy is 90. Hope I'm still trying new things at that age.

THAT is AWESOME!!!... Keep this story alive.

That's pretty cool Bakeoven!!! Give him our best. The way I feel at my age, the only new endevour for me will probably be music, like harp music! :idunno:
Robby

Man I hope it don't make him to mad. :idunno: Seein' as how he could have been having this much fun for at least 60 or 70 years earlier. I'm sure he will enjoy shootin' with you Guys. :thumbsup:

You guys act like it is such a big deal. I'm headed north tomorrow for Michigan's black powder deer season, but I'm only 80. I've been accused of being the world's oldest adolescent. So I asked my doctor for a prescription for a walker. I figured on limping into camp with the walker and telling the guys I'm only acting my age. Some folk seem to think that once you've passed 60 or some arbitrary age you are done for. Nonsense! Avoid cigarets and drink only good booze and you, too, may be making meat when you are past 75 or whatever. graybeard

I noticed you didn't mention women. Should we avoid 'em or only socialize with the good ones?

I've come to the conclusion that women are like flintlock rifles, some are better than others, but they are all good. Of course, my memory has been slipping lately and maybe I only remember the good ones. graybeard

graybeard said:
You guys act like it is such a big deal. I'm headed north tomorrow for Michigan's black powder deer season, but I'm only 80. I've been accused of being the world's oldest adolescent. So I asked my doctor for a prescription for a walker. I figured on limping into camp with the walker and telling the guys I'm only acting my age. Some folk seem to think that once you've passed 60 or some arbitrary age you are done for. Nonsense! Avoid cigarets and drink only good booze and you, too, may be making meat when you are past 75 or whatever. graybeard
Yo, I`m 74 & you do know that 70 is now the new 30. LOL

I'm 74. My sons keeps saying I don't act my age. My response is, I have never been this age before and have no experience on how to act 74.
As for wimmins. I have better things to do with them than just "mention" them.

Back